Sunday, August 07, 2011

Half Way Onto Twitter

I launched myself onto Twitter yesterday, but only halfway. After signing up, I tweated a few times into the great vault of cyber-space. I even established a new rating agency along the lines of Standard and Poor’s, to be called the James Laxer Rating Agency. It will specialize in rating empires. In its first rating, the Agency downgraded the American Empire from a double D+ to a triple E.

But I’m only halfway onto Twitter because I don’t know any elegant way to tell anyone that I’m there. I spent hours trying to get a Twitter button onto my blog, but failed. I have now handed that task over to someone who was born when the American Empire was healthier, but not nearly as healthy as it was when I was his age.

So, maybe we'll encounter each other in the Brave New World of Twitter.

6 comments:

Jim Parrett said...

What's your Twitter handle, hombre?

James Laxer said...

Oh, thanks, I should have mentioned that. It's jameslaxer.

Isabella Bardoel said...

Does that mean we shall no longer be receiving these email postcards from the edge? More's the pity!
I'm a luddite myself and don't do Twitter - yet so look forward to your lights in the darkness.....rays of sanity filtering down whilst I "scuttle across the floors of silent seas" in this insane world! (With apologies to T.S.)

James Laxer said...

As a fellow luddite, I will continue posting on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Prof. James:
Empires have a habit of finding money when they need it. I fear the Yankee empire will be with us for some time yet. But that doesn't mean we are captive. We can get out of NATO and seek closer ties with middle powers like Turkey and Brazil.
By the way, what's Twitter and what's a blog and a hash tag and why did they have to take dials off telephones?

coach outlet store online said...

Really a good and nice work. I have recommend it to my friends. Hope there will love it too.